...Unspoken Heart...

The greatest line I ever wrote began with "I" and ended with "You"
There weren’t many words in between
No similes or perpetual connotations
I didn’t run on sentences explaining emotions long endue
Or metaphorically compare feelings to a summer’s day
My pen scratched "You" before the slant in my handwriting could even birth "I"
Pushed out the meaning, waited for my words to rip out with a cry
Pulsations in my heart would breathe easy before my courage could die
And I wrote "love" in between the two
Carefully concentrated on each letter that symbolically spelled my deepest secret
That I love you before any poem could express
Specific to any prose that crosses my lips
I bleed you through veins that long for your caress
Starve for your touch
You are my complete
My beginning and end
And even if these words never speak your name it is etched across my soul
Depleted on my chest
Has found solace in my breath
I breathe you without thinking
Need you without wanting
Drink you without thirst
Satiated before your response
Because these feelings were finally heard

No comments:

Post a Comment