...Mahogany Blues...

I hadn't realized I forgot how to love until I dreamt of you
Closed my eyes and my mind allowed me relive silent memories
So perfect like sunset orange and purple
Kisses relaxed on dehydrated skin the shade of mahogany blues and rhythms
We were melodies without singing
Gentle touches while eyes glaze over
Deep in thought as you rest deep in me
Stroking patiently, begging for me to let this be
Tears magnetically drawn to the inside of your palm because I gave you my insecurities
Willingly drunk off incoherently climaxes because it has never felt like this
Please.....never stop saying my name
How is it that you make me feel so beautiful when all I see is nothing?
Secretly...I whispered thank you to the heavens because without loving me you showed me how it feels
And while forever isn't promised what if now gives me the same chills?
Making love so passionately that time sits still
We say so much even we we aren't talking
Scream so loud when we are far away
Miss uncontrollably while I lay in your arms
Because in my heart I'm praying that today will always stay and tomorrow never comes

No comments:

Post a Comment