...Last Time...

Last time I wrote I’m sure it was about you
Maybe a way that I felt or tear I promised not to cry
I remember nights lying there wondering what it was that made me not good
Enough
Time has passed but the scars feel like yesterday
Heart cries like yesterday
And every emotion still feels the same
Close my eyes and still see myself kissing you
Don’t think that I ever stopped missing you
Just stopped thinking of you
And what love turned pain can do to a heart broken one too many times
Bruised beyond recognition
Nights seemed colder after you left
Darker as warm memories disappeared into reality
Distant laughter cursed the loneliest tear as your face starts to resemble lovers trapped in my past
Seems like I’ve stumbled onto familiar paths
I can still see my hurt in the moonlight, hear sorrow in the sunrise
And clutch onto lost breaths as sobs escape me
Funny how pain always feels the same regardless of the love
Wait…this wasn’t love
This was wanting beyond parallel dreams coupled with dust streaked happy endings that didn’t belong to me
Following my heart even when it remained lost
Searching for answers in words that live with questions
This was something unexplainable

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Gosh!!! Your poetry is AWESOME! The pictures that run through my mind, the emotions that trill my heart, the desires to run, write, sing, dance are all bound in your words. You are an artist beyond words!

    ReplyDelete