...Is This Love?...

Is this love
Or is this deeper?
See, I’ve felt you before
Held you between one closed door as my soul opened another
We were mates before bodies
We were love before words and
I’ve never wanted something as much as I want you
Never dreamed awake until you
I count breaths between kisses
Press hands against chest
I feel my name each time your heart rest
Is this love?
This is love
Please be love
Please be something more than feelings
More than notions
Dripping like tears into catatonic oceans
I swim in you
Breathing
Drowning serendipity
Beautiful absurdity as I find that outside of dreams you’re here with me
And I
I want my body to be your home
Sleep against your skin and wake up to your Sun
See
We were lovers before creation

Paved the foundation for future generations
Together we built the first nation
And forever you will be my King
I lose myself in this daydream
I lose myself in the senselessness of your touch
Lose myself in the one thing I’ve wanted so much
Is this love?
Please be love
I’ve found love
In this feeling





...Thank you Corrine Bailey Rae for the inspiration :)...

No comments:

Post a Comment