...So High...

He pulls at my subconscious
Gives me dreams in colors only God could create
And I allow him to have me
Breathe him into lungs over waiting of the pure adulteration of his sex
He feeds me with emotions that leave my eyes bloodshot heartbreak red
Concealed behind pain that stabs mental wounds like convictions as thoughts bleed into my brain
He is the only one who will listen to my fears
And there he has me
Inside of dark filled nights where sunlight never showed its face
We shared secrets like needles that wipe out the human race
And I breathe him
Into lungs excused from the awakening of self beneath red colored eyes with the iris of deception
He is my connection to feeling because I’m tried of wanting
And if u pierce me I will test positive for giving a fuck long after love gave up
I am the injured in need of a quick fix
And if the lies that hide behind smoke hue highs will allow me to forget forgiving
I’ll take another toke and wish prayers up to my Lord for healing
My problem isn’t dealing with reality painted feelings
But the after affects once the sentiments retract and I’m the one left vulnerable and willing
So he gives me a high better than sun light skies and I give him
I give him
I give him the nothingness that sits inside my soul since the day you told me it was over
That’s when I lick my lips, make my hips dip and let him take over
When your insides are dark your heart will beat colder
Penetrate that dark space; no longer see your face as I look over my shoulder
Because rejection is staring at me
I allowed feelings to have me
Emotions burned deep before consciousness could grab me

3 comments:

  1. That's simply beautiful,sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this...it spoke volumes to me and brought back some memories...the last section of this piece is most powerful to me
    "Penetrate that dark space; no longer see your face as I look over my shoulder
    Because rejection is staring at me
    I allowed feelings to have me
    Emotions burned deep before consciousness could grab me"

    very deep and heartfelt

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read, I escape back into time where I "looked over my shoulder and rejection stared back at me", empty, dull, paralyzed in thought I exhaled there, depleted, because sex couldn't feel that void, the innate need to be desired, loved, wanted, appreciated, beguiled by the smoke filled room of lust,lies, deep penetration...

    thank you, thank you, I needed this release of tears of joy..Lawd as I look back forward, I see a whole me, no longer addicted to seduction, passion, bull shit and lies. For the void has been filled! Yes God! Growth Sis...I didn't mean to release in ya cipha poetically but you are truly inspiration..I Love Ya Kindred Sistah

    ReplyDelete