...One...

Reaching for you on the empty side on my bed
Somehow forgetting that you are not there
But remembering the warmth of your lips against mine
The taste of late night confessions as words found their way to linked souls
I touched you against an orange moon
Lit stars ablaze as we switched between promises of now and thinking of tomorrow
Soft moans lingered in the emptiness of forever
And now the shadow of your kiss replays love songs against my memory
For the night we lost time in each others eyes
Lost ourselves in each others embrace
And sighed traces of worries against moonstruck skin
This is more than missing you
This is me clutching sheets for your touch
Replacing cold nights with the heat of your memory
Listening to the softness of your whisper against the wants of my heart
Tell me
When you sleep tonight will your dreams think of me?
Will your fingers reach for the sweetness of my touch?
Will you open your eyes and envision me in the darkness?
Will you miss me as much as I am missing you?
But see, this is more than missing you
This is me afraid to let go of yesterday because nothing is promised today
Sometimes we fall even when love isn’t ready to catch us
Controls us through our resistance to accept
And holds us as we pour feelings over heartbroken wounds
Truthfully
We are the greatest love story that will never be
The beauty of hope that I wish was more than a dream
You are everything to me
The softest spoken words that beat from my heart to my mind
The reality behind the illusion of time
And for the night you were mine
And I was yours
We were one

No comments:

Post a Comment