...With Me...

I touched your lips
Rose petal kisses like he loves me and loves me not
I tasted you like past as moments became new
And we shared love stories
That weren’t quite poetic
Made love feel like forever as good byes exhausted tears
And pretend that pain doesn’t lend motivation to the pen
Tomorrow was an illusion that feelings left behind
What ifs and could have beens
Touched on moments that never existed
Filled new dreams with hopes
As notes crescendo across lines like songs never wrote
I wanted you to feel different
To me
Pretend that this wasn’t love
And you weren’t hurt
Placed my arms around you
Whispered heartbeat secrets into ears that I pray the world never hears
You were my soul and I was your fear
And together we were perfect
Two shattered pieces looking for love to make us whole
I’d give you the world if it meant that much to you
Give you my heart if you promise this won’t be good bye
And touch the sky if you fly
With me

1 comment: