...She...

Stuck in the memories of you…then I
The way our bodies rised
I remember how she & I
Touched
I remember the way she felt
How her body laid before me
Barely giving feelings to the words she created
I unraveled the complex syntax she hid behind
Undressed her with words as my lips created emotions against her journal’s spine
She was my first
Lover
Laid with her on top of woven covers
We touched each other in ways the world would no longer recognize
Beyond the sight of human eyes
I gave her intimacy without opening my thighs
Gave her pleasure beyond a sexual guise
Hazed over highs from limerick style lies
So often I would run and hide
From her
And the memories
So bittersweet what she became to me
An art form that loves so freely
I had to give her space to be
In hopes that her feelings will only belong to me
She’s was my…..
Everything
My regrets
My apologies forgets
The breath that saved me from living safely
I give her pen strokes as my heart beats race in
Letters that I haven’t read to anyone
Words I will someday give to one
She’s my mistress for reality
And I reward her with sensitive gratuity
She’s everything I never believed
And I love her beyond empty lines dressed on sheets of cream
Loved her before the world paid attention to me
Loved her because Life is what poetry means

No comments:

Post a Comment