...Day Rise...

I remember when I shared you with the sun
Connected over lines as we weaved thoughts like night clouds & stars
Counted moments that we painted with memories of now
I experienced your mind before your body
Appreciated the thoughts before the man
And wondered of the joy behind the way you kissed words with the baritone of your breath
You caressed my mind till day rise put night fall to rest
And we shared space and mind while words lingered against missed sleep
You are the light mornings run to
The dream only skies can dream of
And I see you for all that you are and will forever be
A beckon of light implanted in my memory
Now I count minutes till its just you and me
And the sun

4 comments:

  1. Connected over lines...
    experienced you mind before you body.
    Little sista, you are truly a wordsmith. This is why you're my favorite. I don't say it just of the closeness we share, but you are fiyah!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a simple yet beautiful look at how we should Love each other! This Love is effortless, without fault, and always runs to the best, instead of imagining the illusions of the worst! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sistah I love it! You are an impressive poet.

    ReplyDelete